Separated at Birth

    Oh, the perfect harmony that exists between this ruffle-trimmed t-shirt and this tank dress! Behold, the way the straps of the dress neatly disappear beneath the ruffles, as if the two pieces were actually one! Marvel at the way the soft gray of the t-shirt so perfectly frames the beautiful detailing of the cream-colored dress! Yes, these two pieces were meant to go together, ladies and gentlemen. Truly they were twins, separated at birth.

    Counteracting the gloriousness of finding the perfect shirt to wear with this dress is the sad, sad fact that this beloved pair of tights is on its last legs (no pun intended). They've got a hole in the foot, they're getting threadbare, and they're starting to pill. Soon they'll have to go in the bin, and I'm loathe to part with them because I haven't found an acceptable replacement yet. I've searched high and low to no avail. I figure I can get maybe one or two more wears out of them tops, and then from here on out I'm just screwed. Perhaps I'll need to run off and join the circus, or at least move to a warm enough climate that I don't need tights at all.

    For my friends in Seattle though, I have some good news. This gorgeous upcycled, vintage slip-turned-into-a-skirt is from one of your local designers, the delightful Gunlis. More of her gorgeous creations can be had at several boutiques around town; I found this skirt a few weeks ago at the Fremont Fair during my trip to Seattle, where I was fortunate enough to chat with Gunlis and buy not only this skirt but a couple of pairs of pettipants and a camisole as well. The skirt is trimmed with pleated tulle and accented with a satin flower and black feather. It doesn't replace the failing tights, but certainly it's the perfect flourish to punctuate the shirt/dress combo.

    Shirt: H&M
    Dress: Lady Language
    Tights: Noa Noa
    Skirt: Glam Garb by Gunlis
    Socks: Sock Dreams
    Shoes: John Fluevog

Post Title

Separated at Birth


Post URL

http://thecalaverakid.blogspot.com/2009/07/separated-at-birth.html


Visit thecalaverakid for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List