Pony Hair

    I've had this top for a couple of years now, but I'm pretty sure this is the first I've ever worn it to work. Until now I've reserved it mainly for evenings out, because with the embellished butterfly applique it just has that feel to it. I've also taken it with me the last couple of Christmases I've spent down in Mexico, and it's brilliant on a warm, breezy evening at the beach when paired with a flowy skirt and sandals, and this same scarf loosely-tied as a belt.

    With this outfit I found a way to make the top work for the office by covering the delicate spaghetti straps with the long cardigan, and holding everything together with the casual belt. I intentionally left the end of the belt flopping out to give it a more relaxed look. I didn't want the outfit to veer into the realm of club wear, particularly since I was also wearing 4-inch leopard print pony hair pumps.

    I'll confess that when I pulled these shoes out of the closet the other day, I had to pause for a moment as I realized that I really had no idea exactly what "pony hair" is. I knew that it's the furry leather used in making shoes and handbags and such, but I honestly felt a little bit of a sinking feeling at the thought that this stuff might be made from actual ponies. So I Googled it. Turns out it's made from calf skin -- whew! An adorable baby cow instead of an adorable tiny horse. That's so much better.

    Scarf: Banana Republic
    Cardigan: Max Studio
    Top: Sisley (Benetton)
    Belt: Lucky Brand
    Jeans: Level 99
    Shoes: Saks Fifth Avenue

Post Title

Pony Hair


Post URL

http://thecalaverakid.blogspot.com/2009/07/pony-hair.html


Visit thecalaverakid for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List