Dress It Down

    Well, you knew it had to happen at some point: I just wasn't going to be content with reserving this gorgeous vest solely for outside of work. It's way too pretty not to get regular use, so I went on a mission to figure out how to dress it down. The last time I posted an outfit with this vest, the comments were about 50/50 in terms of whether people felt it was too dressy for the office or not, so I'm curious to find out how well I did in my readers' opinions.

    A suggestion from reader phantasnight was to try wearing the vest over a simple striped jersey dress, which I thought was a great idea. I don't have exactly such a dress, but I thought this navy and white floral was a fine substitute. The simple day dress makes a good casual backdrop for the vest, and with their matching shades of blue, the two almost look as though they were meant to be worn together. I added the scarf in order to bring out the olive green stripes of the vest and add a funky ethnic vibe. Finally, I wore low-heeled, combat-style boots to dress it down another notch.

    If the reaction of my coworkers is any indication, I must have done alright, because nobody said a damn thing about the vest all day. So at the very least I've proven that it's not too dressy for my workplace; however, since I could probably show up for work in a tutu and a top hat without getting any sort of reaction, I realize that's not saying much.

    Scarf: local import store
    Vest: Attila Designs
    Dress: Noa Noa
    Tights: Foot Traffic
    Boots: Doc Martens

Post Title

Dress It Down


Post URL

http://thecalaverakid.blogspot.com/2009/07/dress-it-down.html


Visit thecalaverakid for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List