Floral Over Stripes

    Last week I paired a floral pattern with plaid; this time I'm showing you how to pair a floral with stripes. In last week's example, the floral was the simpler of the two patterns, whereas here it's the busier one. In both cases the two patterns have some overlap in the color scheme, but not entirely.

    With this combination, the only true color match is the black, but the green and brown shades in the top relate well enough to the olive stripes in the bloomers that the two pieces go together without having to match. They have that great formula of 2 different colors plus the combination of both: here I have brown, green, and brownish-green. Another example of this approach to color is shown here.

    I selected this short-sleeved jacket as an intentional contrast to the bloomers. The jacket has a structured, business-like look, while of course the bloomers are irreverent and fun. If I replaced this very suit-like jacket with my cropped leather one, I'd have quite a good steampunk look that could transition right into evening.

    Jacket: BCBG Max Azria
    Top: Mica
    Bloomers: Wild Card
    Shoes: John Fluevog

Post Title

Floral Over Stripes


Post URL

http://thecalaverakid.blogspot.com/2009/07/floral-over-stripes.html


Visit thecalaverakid for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List