Belting for Proportion


    Here's a similar belt trick to the one I showed yesterday, this time with an empire cut top. In this case the top is quite flattering by itself because of the way the drape of the fabric follows my figure, but for this outfit I needed to bring more emphasis to the waist in order to change the proportions of the outfit. Without the belt, the length of the top made my lower half look truncated. The belt brings some contrast to the top half and divides up the long stretch of black; it also relates the top half of the outfit to the bottom.

    I thought the green shoes were a fun and unexpected splash of summery color. Since the recent cold weather necessitates leg coverings, I'm trying to compensate by bringing in other seasonal pieces such as open-toed shoes. The fresh green color is also a way to brighten up the somber maroon and black.

    Top: Max Studio
    Belt, skirt: Sunhee Moon
    Leggings: Sock Dreams
    Shoes: Gabriella Rocha

Post Title

Belting for Proportion


Post URL

http://thecalaverakid.blogspot.com/2009/07/belting-for-proportion.html


Visit thecalaverakid for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List