Built for Comfort

    This outfit was all about comfort. I'd been up late and on my feet for many hours the night before, and all I wanted was an unfussy outfit with nothing constricting me anywhere, no periodic tugging or adjusting to be done, and a soft, cozy pair of shoes. Thankfully this one was of the pre-planned outfits hanging in my closet. My workday was one of uncomplicated, maintenance-free bliss with this fun A-line minidress and sneakers.

    If I'm not mistaken, this may be the first pair of sneakers ever to make an appearance on this blog. I found this pair during my Seattle trip a couple of weeks ago, and though I'm not much of a sneakers wearer, I couldn't resist the fun colors and feminine look of these. Of course I added some obligatory skulls to offset all the girly cuteness of this outfit.

    And what was it that kept me out late and on my feet the night before? Mark and I took a little trip down memory lane at the Duran Duran show at the Fillmore. The last time I saw them was in 1986 at the Oakland Coliseum, and happily, I think we're all still holding up pretty well. As a bonus that evening, I was also recognized by one of my readers, who I ran into outside the show on the way to line up. We didn't properly introduce ourselves, but it was fun to meet you, whoever you are! Thank you for stopping me and saying hello!

    Dress: Red Dress Shoppe
    Leggings: Kersh
    Shoes: Simple
    Pin: Devout Dolls
    Bracelet: Betsey Johnson

Post Title

Built for Comfort


Post URL

http://thecalaverakid.blogspot.com/2009/07/built-for-comfort.html


Visit thecalaverakid for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List