Traveling Scarf!

    Kimberly's traveling scarf has arrived in San Francisco! Since it's been worn in so many creative ways already, I figured I'd have to throw in everything but the kitchen sink to try to keep up with all the stylish ladies before me. For this outfit I paired it with sapphire blue, red, gray, teal, and yes, a wee little bit of maroon for good measure.

    Red, blue, and teal is a great combination that works really well with the pattern of this scarf. As I was assembling the outfit, it immediately struck me that the bright red of the belt matched perfectly with the scarf. Thus, I added the maroon pettipants as a way to bring a little bit more red tones into the outfit without looking overly matchy. The gray skirt and leggings worked as a neutral backdrop with which to make the brighter colors stand out.

    Also included in the package with the scarf was a lovely surprise from the wonderful Katie. Magazines, little samples of beauty goodies, and even a ring pop?! You are too kind, Katie!

    As it turned out, this outfit was perfectly suited for the blustery weather. It occurred to me during the day that a lot of people write about dressing for hot weather, or rainy weather, or cold weather, but hardly anyone writes about how to dress for wind, which we have a lot of where I work in South San Francisco. Here is my assessment of why this outfit was the ultimate wind-buster:

    1. Since the dress is a wrap-style it has a tendency to fly open in the front, which of course is the worst for wind. But it's also the perfect summery item to wear this time of year, so I simply neutralized the peek-a-boo phenomenon by layering a skirt underneath. I further secured the dress by adding the sturdy elastic belt on top.

    2. The skirt is a lightweight jersey material, which also flies around a lot in the wind. Just in case the skirt blew around, I had the pettipants there underneath to keep me covered.

    3. The wind tends to be chilly, so I kept my legs warm (and kept the breeze from meandering up my skirt) by adding leggings. These cotton leggings are just perfect for adding a bit of warmth without being too much for the occasional moments when the wind dies down and it warms up.

    4. Finally, I kept the scarf from blowing in my face by tying it in a neat bow. Take that, South San Francisco wind tunnel!

    Dress: F21
    Skirt: S
    Pettipants: Glam Garb by Gunlis
    Leggings: Noa Noa
    Shoes: John Fluevog

Post Title

Traveling Scarf!


Post URL

http://thecalaverakid.blogspot.com/2009/07/traveling-scarf.html


Visit thecalaverakid for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List