Ruffled

    Remember how yesterday I said I was lacking ruffles in my wardrobe? Well, I lack them no more. After I decided to steampunk up my wardrobe a little, I also decided that I needed more ruffles in my life, and that I needed to do something about it pronto. So the other night Mark and I checked out an awesome store in the Mission called Five and Diamond; I wanted to buy pretty much everything in the place, but limited myself to just this skirt and a waistcoat. I also custom ordered a truly phenomenal denim jacket, which hopefully will be here in about a month or so.

    Selecting this skirt proved to be quite an ordeal. It also comes in black and gray, neither of which the store had in my size. So the choice was to either custom order one of the other colors and wait for it, or to choose the olive green and have it right away. I did my utmost not to let the option of having the skirt right away influence the selection of color, but I have to admit it was tough to be truly objective. However, just as I was on the verge of ordering the gray because I thought it would go with more things, I reminded myself that: (1) I like my outfits to be colorful, (2) black and gray are 'safe' colors, whereas green is a little more unique, and (3) when have I ever had a tough time making things go together?

    Waistcoat: Promod
    Shirt: J. Crew (thrifted)
    Skirt: Skin Graft
    Shoes: John Fluevog

    Incidentally, thanks everyone for all the compliments on my new haircut. I got my hair bobbed last time but couldn't quite put my finger on why it didn't look as dramatic as Louise Brooks' style. Then I looked at a few other photos of bobs, and noticed that the really striking ones have 2 things in common: they have very heavy bangs (aka fringe), and they seem to divide the face equally into thirds, from the crown of the head to the bottom of the bangs, from the bottom of the bangs to the bottom of the hair, and from the bottom of the hair to the chin. Hmm, I'm sure there's an equation in there somewhere...

Post Title

Ruffled


Post URL

http://thecalaverakid.blogspot.com/2009/04/ruffled.html


Visit thecalaverakid for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List