Floral Over Plaid

    Here's another way of layering a sheer top for an office-appropriate and summer-friendly look. I like the way the skirt pattern just shows through the sheer top for an overlay of floral over plaid. For those of you who are fearful of pattern mixing, this is a great way to venture into it: choose two, 2-color patterns that have at least one color in common, and make sure one of the patterns is significantly simpler than the other. Of course I added yet another pattern here with the tights, but I could just as easily have worn solid gray tights if I were less adventurous.

    Though there's no black in the skirt, the floral pattern of the top ties in with the blue plaid, while the gray t-shirt and tights make sort of a midway transition point between the navy and black. This was the third of my conference outfits and another day of wearing flat shoes, which is all I brought with me on my trip last week.

    T-shirt: H&M
    Sheer top: Noa Noa
    Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
    Skirt: Target
    Tights: Hue
    Shoes: Bobbi Blu

Post Title

Floral Over Plaid


Post URL

http://thecalaverakid.blogspot.com/2009/06/floral-over-plaid.html


Visit thecalaverakid for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List