Morning Inspiration

    I intended to wear this outfit as shown here on the left. I had it all put together and hanging in my closet, and had even photographed it in advance. But in the morning as I sipped my coffee and flipped through an interior design magazine, I happened to come upon some unexpected inspiration:

    I was immediately struck by how beautiful the silver and light blue looked together, and vowed to make use of that combo as soon as possible. Thinking over the contents of my wardrobe, I realized that one of the only light blue items I own is the very dress I was intending to wear that day. As it turned out, I also happened to have a silver obi belt lying around, an item I made a few weeks ago for the Etsy shop but haven't yet posted. What would be the harm in giving it a test run before putting it up for sale? And so, the modified outfit was born:

    Rather than wrap the belt around and tie it in the front, I thought it was better to tie it in a big bow in the back. The belt is actually reversible, with a silver and black floral pattern on the other side. It has some stretch to it and is quite comfortable to wear, I'm happy to report. Look for it in the shop soon!

    Dress: Red Dress Shoppe
    Silver Belt: Audra Jean
    Black Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
    Nude fishnets: Sock Dreams
    Silver Shoes: Born
    Black Shoes: BCBGirls

Post Title

Morning Inspiration


Post URL

http://thecalaverakid.blogspot.com/2009/06/morning-inspiration.html


Visit thecalaverakid for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List