Transformations

    This outfit underwent several transformations before I finally settled on this one, but the ultimate outcome of the whole exercise was the decision that this skirt is just not right for my skin tone. The print is cute, but the color of the background somehow manages to be both obnoxiously garish and intensely bland on me at the same time. If it weren't for the leggings acting as a barrier between my pale complexion and the mint blue skirt, the outfit would have looked truly terrible. Thus, back to the thrift store it goes. I've only worn it one other time, but since it was originally a thrifted purchase anyway it comes in at about $1.75 per wear, and I can live with that.

    The necklace, however, is totally a keeper. I bought it in Prague a couple years ago and wore it a few times before I broke one of the stones loose by dropping it. I set it aside in a box of things that needed repair and forgot all about it until a few weeks ago. All it took was a little epoxy and the necklace is as good as new. Because of where the pendant hangs it's a little challenging to wear with certain tops, but it makes a very strong statement with its large size and art nouveau style.

    Top: Ann Taylor
    Belt: Audra Jean
    Cardigan: La Redoute
    Skirt: thrifted
    Leggings: Nouvella
    Shoes: Seychelles

Post Title

Transformations


Post URL

http://thecalaverakid.blogspot.com/2009/06/transformations.html


Visit thecalaverakid for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List