Modern Flapper

    I'm back from my weekend in Arizona, which was truly lovely. Mark's family was wonderful, as I suspected they would be, and we had some fantastic weather to boot.

    The entry deadline has officially closed on my contest, and this week I'll compile all the entires and distribute them to my panel of judges. I'm planning on announcing the winner next week, so stay tuned! There's some pretty stiff competition; I'm certainly glad I'm not among the judges.

    With this outfit I went for a modern flapper look. The dress worn over the skirt gave the outfit a long, lean line and the stockings and shoes have a very retro feel. I added the skull scarf, which I spotted a few weeks ago in a shop in Hayes Valley and instantly fell in love with, for a pattern mix and to give the outfit a little edginess. To secure the scarf, I threw it loosely around my shoulders, tied it once, and put a brooch through both ends of the scarf and also through my dress.

    Hat: Noa Noa
    Scarf: Duke et Duchess
    Brooch: Vintage Brooch Company
    Dress: an oldie from ages ago that I had shortened
    Skirt: Noa Noa
    Shoes: Seychelles, via Solestruck

Post Title

Modern Flapper


Post URL

http://thecalaverakid.blogspot.com/2009/05/modern-flapper.html


Visit thecalaverakid for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List