Dandy

    These tuxedo-striped cropped pants have been lingering around in my wardrobe for ages and still don't get half the wear they deserve. In fact, sifting back through my archives I see that I've only worn them two other times in the last year. I tend to forget about them for some reason, despite how very dandy they look.

    Pairing your boots with cropped pants or a miniskirt/minidress is a great way to get away with using them even into the warmer months. I've never really been too big a believer in the notion that certain items are completely off-limits during particular times of the year anyway. I think as long as you infuse your spring and summer wardrobe with plenty of lighter and brighter colors, you can cover as much or as little of your skin as the temperature in your area dictates. Why should my legs freeze all day in windy, foggy South San Francisco just because in other places the temperatures are soaring into the 80's and 90's and everyone is donning their sandals?

    Not shown here is the black leather jacket that I had to keep on most of the day in order to prevent my teeth from chattering themselves into bits as I sat in my frigid office or dashed to another building in 20-mph wind. Yeah, you can bet I'm going to be breaking the fashion rules all summer long.

    Waistcoat: Last Kiss
    Silver top: thrifted
    Cropped pants: Poleci
    Boots: Modern Vintage

Post Title

Dandy


Post URL

http://thecalaverakid.blogspot.com/2009/05/dandy.html


Visit thecalaverakid for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List