Faux Wrap

    I was very excited to give this skirt its first wearing today because I altered it myself. Well ok, altering in this case only involved moving 2 buttons and the small strap at the waistband over about an inch, but still. Sewing isn't really my strongest skill, and this is the first thrifted item needing alteration that I haven't promptly dumped off at the tailor's. For some reason I'm somewhat nervous about putting a piece of clothing under the sewing machine, perhaps because I have a latent fear of damaging it beyond repair. I think what saved me in this case was the fact that no cutting of fabric was required.

    The skirt is a lightweight wool blend and is a faux wrap style. That front overlapping part is actually just a fold; the aforementioned strap and buttons cause the fabric to fold on itself and create that long pleat, but the skirt is a continuous piece of fabric rather than having 2 ends that overlap one another. Thus, no kilt pin is required here for the sake of modesty. I have to say I like this design a whole lot better than a regular wrap skirt.

    I've had this floral top for ages but rarely wear it because its short length and lace back make it tough to work with. This bright turtleneck filled in the open back and kept me warm while still looking springy and fun.

    Hat: Seeberger
    Turtleneck: H&M
    Floral top: La Redoute
    Skirt: thrifted
    Tights, socks: Sock Dreams
    Shoes: Seychelles, via Solestruck
    Cardigan: ??
    Handbag: Tracy Reese

Post Title

Faux Wrap


Post URL

http://thecalaverakid.blogspot.com/2009/03/faux-wrap.html


Visit thecalaverakid for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List