Dead Stock

    I got a lot of compliments on this outfit at work today. And really, what's not to love about a mid-1960's dress and jacket set that hasn't ever been worn until today?? I found this at the Vintage Fashion Expo over the weekend, and the sales lady told me it was 'dead stock' -- apparently an item that is unworn but vintage. I'm pretty certain that I gasped upon rooting this out of a tightly-packed rack of garments; I may have even emitted a squeal of joy as well. Even Mark had to agree that this one was made for me.

    I was extra motivated to wear this set today because with the increasingly springy weather, I feel like my window of opportunity for wearing a thick, lined wool dress might be closing for the season. And anyway, this bright lemon yellow is just perfect for spring, while the dress itself is plenty warm and insulated for the still chilly temperatures.

    I think I prefer the outfit with the jacket on but left open, though I've included a picture of it closed as well so that you can see the shape of the jacket. I also love the fact that the jacket is designed to be flasher-length -- that is, longer than the dress it's made to be worn over.

    Turtleneck: H&M
    Tights: Sock Dreams
    Boots: Fly London

Post Title

Dead Stock


Post URL

http://thecalaverakid.blogspot.com/2009/03/dead-stock.html


Visit thecalaverakid for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List